AND CHANGE A LIFE FOREVER
Life Skills Instructor
- Share your expertise and know-how with men in the Transitional Housing Program. Possible workshops include: journaling, health and nutrition, resume writing, relaxation techniques, etc. Do you have a special skill or knowledge to share? Workshops are held on Thursday evenings.
- Help empower participants in our Transitional Housing Program to advance in their current career and gain self esteem in the work place and/or educational setting. During one-on-one meetings assist participants with planning for their future in career and educational advancement and provide insight about organizational culture. One time or long term commitments available.
Sponsor a Meal
- Holidays can be tough for people. Provide funds for a special dinner - we will do the shopping and the men will do the cooking and, of course, the eating.
- Promote and attend our special events.
- Sponsor a level for the Opening Doors Dinner or Resolution Run .
- Provide homemade cookies for the lunch after the run.
- Volunteer to help at the run.
Share Your Time and Talents
- Serve on the board of directors or a committee. Board members serve for a term of three (3) years.
- Contact your government officials about issues of homelessness and poverty (we can help!)
Connect with Our Clients
- Invite us over or come visit us! Many of our residents are eager to share about the sense of community and support they found at Earl's Place. To invite them to speak to your club or business
group about our program, call Sheila Helgerson at 410-522-0225, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a difference! Sponsor a drive for Transitional Housing Program residents. Pick a drive that works for you: household goods, toiletries, linens, men’s clothing, nonperishable food, cleaning supplies, paper products. (See our wish list).
Adopt a Resident
- Each year the residents complete a wish list of items they need/would like to receive. For many of the men this is the first time in years that they have received a gift. A wish list of desired items is provided; you may then purchase items from the list. We request you wrap the items and drop off the items mid-December.
Share a Meal
- Prepare and share a meal with residents – it is a great opportunity to fellowship with some of the men.
- Join us for a Dessert Night (you bring the dessert and we will provide the drinks) and fellowship.
Home Again! Help a man moving out set up his new home